Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Have you ever asked yourself...

.


The 12 & 24 hour racing format is fast becoming very popular. It has a real social aspect along with great spectator & family enjoyment.

Have you ever asked yourself...

1. How would I stay awake for 24 hours riding a bike?
2. What sort of bike would I need to ride for 24 hours
3. What sort of training would I need to do?
4. What food/drink do I need for a 24 hour race?

Have you ever said to yourself...

1. I wouldn't be able to do it SOLO!
2. I will do a few teams races first before I even think about SOLO!
3. Maybe next year!
4. I am too slow & gumby, I don't want to get in the way of faster riders!

There are so many more!!!

If you have that deep, down, scary feeling you want to do a 12/24 hour race.
If you have never done an endurance race before.
If you use any or all of the above & want to know how to show up to the start line of a 12/24 hour race as best prepared as possible.

If you want me to show you how to 'crack the nut' that is your first, arse busting endurance race then I will make you an offer.

email me mattdogtraining@live.com

I have been very fortunate to have gotten a huge amount out of endurance mountain bike racing & the mountain bike scene in general

I feel it is my turn to put something back in. So often I see the glint of a beginner mtb, endurance rider talk themselves out of the adventure of a life time.

For most, if not all of the races I do in 2011 it is my intention to have room for one more rider under my shelter. Male or Female.

I will give you as much time & advice that I have spare in the days/weeks leading up to the event, the day of the event & a post event debrief.

It is certainly not how good or bad you see yourself as on a mountain bike.

How much? you are asking. There is no charge. This is simply a passionate dog on a mountain bike looking to make a difference.

In summary
1. No cost
2. Fun
3. Passionate
4. Must be first timers to racing
5. I may consider roadie toadies hehehe...Bluuuurrrrrpp.

Until next time..

."Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
-Louis D Brandeis

.

2 comments:

Clewsy said...

rate it, someone will be very lucky

Unknown said...

You are the Jens of MTB. Someone would be very lucky to draw from your experience, know how, and most of all your attitude. Im jealous already.