Monday, April 27, 2009

The feeling of winning is very short lived.


For the past 2 years (since I first started road racing) I have been racing Masters B grade. One DNF, mostly I just finished with the main peloton.

One week ago saw this change. I used the little bit of experience I have gained in the past 2 years & made it to the top step of the podium of an Open B Grade 84km road race.

The feeling of winning is very short lived.

Racing with integrity against/with good people, maintaining & forging new friendships lasts a lot longer. Then, at the end of every race, regardless of the result that winning feeling lasts a lot longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should now contest the NSW Masters Road and Criterium Championships May 16 & 17th in MORUYA!!!!!!! Cheap accommodation available
Luv Mum