That was the most understated question of Saturday night.
XPD is creeping up on us. Our team is complete. We were all available for a training session last Saturday night.
We found a 42km walk in Lamington National Park. 21kms between Binna Burra & O'Rielys.
Rain was forcasted for the weekend. Nobody knew that it was going to be the most rain this area has had in over 100 years!!!
We started our walk at 6:30pm on Saturday night. The first hour was just a few puddles & clouded in. As it got dark we arced up our Ay Up lights. Then it started raining. It got heavier & heavier. Shortly there wasn't any room in the sky for any more rain.
It dumped on our heads non-stop for the next 9 hours! The puddles on the track got deeper & deeper. Then the trail turned into a running creek.
Each of us would have easily had about 20 or so leaches on us at any one time.
The walk took us 11 & a half hours. Lots happened in that time so here is a point summary.
1. Dog is the new team XMO (executive morale officer)
2. Dogs can sing (not)
3. Poetry is awesome on long walks.
4. Walking while sleeping is possible
5. 5 minute power naps do work
6. Goretex renewing conditioner doesn't work
7. Team 145 L-Attitude is awesome
8. Bike nix are not good for long walks
9. A big breakfast, a bacon egg burger, 3 extra strength coffees is the best recovery breakfast
10. Doing something that takes you outside of your comfort zone is very rewarding.
11. Bear Grylls is our team mascot
Until next time.