Sunday, August 9, 2009

Religious experience in the mountains.

I found that if you drag out the picture it makes the mountain look steeper.




I was looking for a group ride today. Everyone I came across was going for a flat ride. I wanted to head to Mt Mee. So, as with many of my training rides, it was just me. On the way down off the mountain I sped past some of the awesome QSM dudes & dudettes on their way up. So I finished the decent & headed back up again. One climb turned very quickly into 4.


I was cruising along the flat towards the bakery with Michael & we were talking about the mountain. He then said "I like this mountain. Come to think of it I like Cootha too. Oh, one more I like ....mountain" I said to Michael "I like your attitude dude!"


So after spending a religious, Sunday morning at the Church of Mt Mee, giving praise to lactic acid, giving myself to the god of two wheels, praying for smashed legs & attacking mates, watching the moon set over the promised land of mountains I have fed my hungry soul that feeds on altitude & two wheels.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Where was my invite, huh? :)

rach edwards said...

I got religion!

I gotta get back to church....

jaman said...

Very steep profile there......
My Guru says that for every steep climb there is a very awesome descent on the other side. Very profound eh?

MattDogTraining said...

Ky: Next week after work one evening!
Rach: What's your favourite mountain?
jaman: your guru is very wise ;-)

Unknown said...

BRING IT!