Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mount Mee

What an awesome day it was for cycling. I was to meet up with Rach & TR at 6am. I did a few kms first, had a gumby stack in the carpark while waiting then rolled off for a blast into Dayboro.

Bakery stop, biddon fill up & I kept going up over the mountain as Rach & TR had to turn around & head for home.

A short conversation with Rach brought up the subject of excuses. By the end of the conversation it was clear that excuses (& there are too many to mention) are another way of saying "I am not willing to make the necessary sacrifices"
My passion is for 12/24 hour racing. When setting training, racing, nutrition, family ect... goals, sacrifices will always have to be made. Some easy, some not so easy.
Other sacrifices that occur when having a clear intention & focus on a goal are the ones that you don't immediately realise. They just happen. I turn around to have a look & something has gone.
One thing is certain & that is change.

No comments: