Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What have I done?

I should mention that the two photos used in this post are taken by John Flynn. John is not only an awesome photographer, he also rides a bike! Check out some of his stories
So, about 2 weeks ago when asked how I was feeling about doing the croc trophy, I described it as "I am at the stage of I wish it was tomorrow but I also wish it was still 3 months away!"

Today, as I write a few things in my diary, realising that I fly out at the end of next week I now have the feeling "What the flip have I gotten myself into?"


Then I look back at the many other occasions I have made that same comment.
I committed to completing the 2008 crocodile trophy nearly 9 months ago. There have been so many changes in that time. Many simply falling in behind my croc goals.

With that in mind, I would be a fool if I didn't appreciate all that I have experienced leading up to this event. It's not just about the 9 days of racing for me. It is the entire experience leading upto, during & I am very excited about what is to come once it is completed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mattdog, Ash and I wanted to wish you and Nat the best for the Croc Trophy. You have worked incredibly hard over the past 9 months and deserve to whuuuuuuup Asssss.....yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaah. Have a ball. And best of luck to Nat too....I know her role in this is huge as well....have fun you two. Danah & Ash :)

MattDogTraining said...

Thanks Danah & Ash. My 9 months are nearly over. Yours have just begun ;o)

Groover said...

All the best, mate. You'll love it! Every single corrugated meter of road along the way ... :-)

rhino said...

Just going to say this once. I wish that I was racing alongside you this year.....

Russell Worthington said...

Not long now Matt. I look forward to following it on-line! Do yourself proud - all the best dude! Russ.

Hillbilly said...

Hey Matt, Good luck up there to both you and Nat! Remember, drink heaps and don't get eaten by the locals!!

Nightrider said...

If anyone can enjoy 3 million corrogations it'll be you!... Good luck!
Matt